Monday, January 14, 2013

MAKEOVER Monday...Elias' Big Boy Room Mood Board!


Monday is for MAKEOVER...

We are in the process of getting ready to renovate our guest room into Eli's Big Boy Room.  The guest bed will become Eli's and when we have company, it can transition back into the guest room.  We have plans in the works and since Nate has some vacation time this week, we will be tackling the foundation of the room, floor and walls.  In preparation for planning out his room, I have been putting ideas aside of what I wanted.  I envisioned something that could grow with him as he gets older and that can adapt to any child sharing the room with him as well in the future.  I decided on a "Discovery" theme which encompasses so many different things. I knew I wanted to see white board and batting molding on the wall with a navy blue on the top portion.  Here is a mood board I created with the vision that is going on in my head.  I obviously am not going to buy most of the items on this board because the price is way above our budget, but it gives me vision for what I'm looking for when I am out and about shopping and thrifting.  I created this board using Polyvore.  
  Elias' Big Boy Room


Where to find the items above:

Atelier Task Table Lamp Polished Nickel
restorationhardware.com


Serena & Lily Ronan Euro Sham
serenaandlily.com



Camp Nightstand
potterybarnkids.com


Catalina Cottage Bedroom Set
potterybarnkids.com


Madras Quilted Bedding
potterybarnkids.com








Cast Metal Letter Objects
restorationhardware.com



Have any of you created mood boards on Polyvore.  It's fun and allows you to figure out exactly what you want by seeing everything put together before taking the plunge and making an investment in reality.  Below are a few more ideas that we are implementing in the room....

Board-and-Batten on the walls
 Nate and dad are installing bamboo flooring like this, this week to match the nursery.
Navy/white block quilt (if I can find one) and old vintage wood
 Maps/ Maybe Adhere one to a lamp shade
Make toy storage out of crates from Michaels. Stain, stencil lettering and put castor wheels on them.
 I will keep you posted on the room as changes are made and things evolve.  See you again soon!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment